Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Am I Really Seeking HIM?

I had a friend today ask me a tough question. I was talking to her and mentioned that I was struggling with one thing in particular- not being single, not financial, not anything that I have struggled with in the past- no, I am struggling with the desire to be closer to home. The question she asked- have I prayed about it? And yes, I have but I think I have been praying as if God is not going to answer, as if God is going to say no- and why should I pray diligently about something I know is going to be a 'no'? I know that is "not right" thinking and I know that I can't go into prayer thinking I know God's mind. He has said in his Word that his thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways are not our ways. So, why, would I, be so presumptuous as to know God's answer if I don't spend time praying about it?

ETA: I actually started this post way back in October with the intention of adding to it- but I just decided to post as is...

1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

As you and I have chatted some about this: I (and your mom but not sure about that nephew of yours) would love nothing more than to have you closer. But no...you can't live with us. LOL But even though we would like that, I continue encouraging you to stick with where you are and praying for open doors. If God wants you back closer he will do that. Pray for eyes to see His leading and wisdom to know when you to "go" or stay. BTW: we all do this. But remember what James says, "You have not because you ask not." If a move is His desire for you, He will "move heaven and earth" to make it happen. Love you much.