Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blank Slate

I have been back to work for a week now, and today (Tuesday) was the first day for students (however, mine actually start on Wednesday).  This year promises to be challenging, stressful, fun, exciting, interesting, crazy, and so much more but the biggest thing that I have focused on this past week?  This year is a blank slate- we start fresh with new students and new mindsets.  The challenge is to remember that every DAY is a blank slate.  It's like that in my spiritual life also- there are days that are challenging, stressful, fun, etc.  There are obstacles in the way- there always will be but the Word says it all in Lamentations 3:

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him." Lamentations 3:21-25 (ESV)




I have decided that this passage is my theme verse for this school year.  To remember that his mercies are new every morning, that HE is my portion, and above all- where my hope should be.  My prayer is that this verse becomes ingrained in my heart and therefore in my life and my mind as well.  That I live this verse "out loud" on a daily basis- that I live it from "the inside out".





1 comment:

MikeSnow said...

Don't know if you teach in a Christian school. This may be of interest, a poem from McGuffey's Reader that makes learning the Ten Commandments easy for kids.
http://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/teaching-children-the-ten-commandments/