Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Be Still...

I have been posting some of these thoughts on FB but decided that since some of the are thoughts that I have I would post them here too so I don't "lose" them....

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10 (NIV)







short and simple tonight- yet the truth rings through loud and clear... this morning I was listening to the radio on my way in to work and heard this song- my mind immediately went to this verse. Then, when I got home from church there was a message in my inbox with this song as the song for today. God has used this song and HIS word to sooth my tired and weary heart. I love this verse in the song:
Even when it feels like there is no one holding me
Be still, my soul
Through every fear
And every doubt...
And every tear I shed
Down every road
I’m not alone
No matter where I am

I am not alone- he knows EXACTLY what I am going through. He knows when my heart is hurting, when I doubt, when I cry and He is right there beside me every step of the way.

I would love for you to weigh in- our world is so crazy busy at times and to be still sometimes takes a strength that we can't possess on our own... tell me how you take time to be still- how do you know when it's time to be still?

No comments: