Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Beginnings...

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

I am trying for a new beginning. I have "hired" a personal trainer to spend 4 weeks to help my get my focus on a healthy life and am taking the steps necessary (both in exercise and diet) to get there. After I finished exercising this morning I started thinking about new beginnings and how each day is a new beginning. What brought this to mind was the reminder that last Friday and Saturday I didn't do so well on the eating part- and the exercise on those two days was pretty much non-existent. The end result was that I felt horrible- like a blob. Then Sunday came and with it the chance to make new choices- and since then I have done okay- on the eating and exercising part. But what about the rest of my life- am I making the choices daily? Am I focusing on filling my hunger with the Word? Am I exercising my faith through prayer, sharing about HIM? Or, am I becoming sedentary like my "former" self? If I had to be honest- I would say no- not as often as I should- my goal for a "fit" lifestyle should not stop with just my diet and exercise habits.

I want to live as Jeremiah did:
"When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heart's delight,
for I bear your name,
O LORD God Almighty"

-Jeremiah 15:16


Just some rambling thoughts for this Tuesday morning :)

1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Do you have any thoughts other than rambling? LOL Glad to see you are taking this in a new way. Start now and don't wait until the damage is done to your body (and soul) before you realize help is needed. Love you much.