Saturday, July 17, 2010

Trust (and then WAIT)

*This is a repeat of a post over on my card blog

Many of you know that I grew as a PK (Pastor's Kid) and I don't regret ANY of that- I have GREAT parents who live their lives and their marriage as a model that I pray that I can emulate one day. However, for whatever reason, I hit walls and Saturday (and even Sunday- even at the point I am typing this up) I hit that wall. I spent most of both days in tears (and I'm not sure why I was even crying). Sometimes I think I try so hard that I feel like I have failed and let God down. It's kind of funny though- we hear the first part of this verse so many times but a lot of people leave off the second part and THAT is where the trust comes in. I don't necessarily have an issue with trust- it's the waiting that I struggle with. It's the giving thanks in the midst of the trusting. It's trusting with ALL (not just part but ALL) of my heart- not holding anything back (which I know that I do for a fear of getting hurt).

So, in light of that- this card came together easily and was very meaningful for today- I needed to reread and believe. If you have stuck with this long post- thank you and I'm sorry it was so long :)



Recipe:
Stamps- {ippity} Devoted
Ink- Chocolate Chip
Paper- Chocolate chip, baja breeze, white, unknown dp
Accessories- buttons, twine

No comments: