Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Broken Dreams...

When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears
and delivers them out of all their troubles.
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:17-18

Years ago I heard the following poem:

Broken Dreams
By: Author Unknown

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How could you be so slow"
"My child," He said, "What could I do?
You never did let go."


It made a huge impact on me then because so often I think I am leaving something in God's hands only to take it back because He is working too slow. Tonight my heart was broken- not in a shattered mess but enough that some of the pieces are there on the ground. 6 years ago I was wounded deeply- and I put up that wall around my heart- I have not let anyone in or even thought about letting anyone in until recently. I started letting part of the wall come down- slowly- but carefully- and then tonight- I remembered why that wall was there- so I wouldn't get hurt. But as I told this person- if I don't let the wall down then I could miss the blessing that God wants to place there. It's such a risk- one I am not sure I want to take anymore...

5 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

What can I say to a hurting daughter? I don't know. All I can say is that love is worth the risk (although I know you weren't there). Don't grow hard. Love you much.

Tami Grandi said...

Love you too dad

I am His Beloved said...

Tami- I came via your dad's blog. Just wanted you to know I hear your pain and understand the terrifying fear and paralyzing vulnerability that comes from taking down the wall...I fight it everyday. Stand in who you are..for its is truth that you are delighted in by your heavenly Father. He simply adores you. You are His princess.
It is truth.

Tami Grandi said...

Thank you Julie- I KNOW that in my head but it's not making it's way to my heart right now- and I know it will eventually but I'm a little unsure of what to do in the meantime.

I am His Beloved said...

You sound like me...!How many times have I known in my head truth but haven't allowed it to become truth in my heart! So so many times!There is no condemnation if that happens, only grace.
The hardest thing I have ever allowed myself to do is Rest.
Rest in His truth. Our Papa has us in His arms. We are protected and safe and adored.
Rest. He will take care of the everything else.