Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is a day that I can't let go by without acknowledging it in some way! Today is my dad's birthday (he is 59- hey, he tells everyone how old I am so I can tell everyone how old he is) :). There are really not enough words to describe how I feel about my earthly father. I know so many people who grow up without a father in the home, with fathers who are tyrants, who lived through years of fear because of their father. I am so blessed that I can say the opposite. These verses in Psalm 22 say it all:

"Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame." Psalm 22:3-5 (ESV)

I have watched my dad through trials/hard times in life and have seen his faith- his trust in Christ and it is such a huge encouragement. I have watched my dad through the good times and have seen the thankfulness to God in those times. I have been blessed- and I hope and pray I never lose sight of that. Love you dad!

A friend posted this song on FB Saturday and as I listened to it- I think it's exactly what my dad would have said as I was growing up and what he would say to this day:

1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Way to start out a Sunday morning with bringing tears to my eyes. Thanks and love you much.