Monday, April 5, 2010

Beautiful You

Today's verses and song don't fit with the focus of the past week but this was a song that I felt led to share TODAY. Society tells us (all of us) that we should look, dress, and act a certain way- if we don't- well then we just don't fit in. But, I strive to live my life focused on things above-if I do that then I will know who I am but more importantly- WHOSE I am. If I do that-then the rest falls into place.

When thinking what verse I was going to use tonight I kept coming back to a song that I have been listening to over and over again for the last few months. A friend of mine posted this on his wall a couple of months ago and I immediately went and downloaded it. It's one of those songs that I have not tired of- the message is so important for young... See More people today. I encourage you- if you have a young person (especially a young lady) in your life- take a listen to this song and ponder the message.

Two passages today-

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the ... See Morewearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. " 1 Peter 3:3-5 (NIV)

No comments: