Sunday, April 4, 2010

Safe

The celebrations are over, things are back to normal- or are they? I struggle with getting in a rut. But this year, I want my life to be different- I want my life to have purpose- I want a life lived for HIM. I want courage yet fear holds me back- lack of trust causes me to doubt but if I really LISTEN to HIS word...- I find that I have no need to fear- I am SAFE- in HIS arms

I was reading Psalm 91 earlier and the passage just said so many of these things to me- in this time that Easter is over- I truly do not want to let my life become so routine that I miss HIM in the day to day living. I need to know that I am safe and this passage tells me that I am- I will choose to trust- that no matter what season of life I am in- that He holds me in his arms.


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge;his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:1-4

"If you make the Most High your dwelling—even the LORD, who is my refuge- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." Psalm 91:9-16

I LOVE this part: "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

Because I love Him I can know- beyond the shadow of a doubt- that I am safe- that I am protected...

LOVE this song by Phil Wickham (have been singing it in my head - because that's the only place you all would want to hear it- all day)




Safe Lyrics

(Feat. Bart Millard)


Verse:
To the one who's dreams are falling all apart
And all you're left with is a tired and broken heart
I can tell by your eyes you think your on your own
but you're not all alone

Have you heard of the One who can calm the raging seas
Give sight to the blind, pull the lame up to their feet
With a love so strong and never let you go
oh you're not alone

Chorus:
You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms

Verse 2:
Did you know that the voice that brings the dead to life
Is the very same voice that calls you to rise
So hear Him now He's calling you home
You will never be alone

Bridge:
These are the hands that built the mountains
the hands that calm the seas
These are the arms that hold the heavens
they are holding you and me

These are hands that healed the leper
Pulled the lame up to their feet
These are the arms that were nailed to a cross
to break our chains and set us free

No comments: