Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Falling Facedown!

"I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking." Ezekiel 1:27-28 (NIV)

Over and over through scripture when men of God would come into his presence and experience HIM they would immediately fall facedown. The realization of whose presence they were in caused them show reverence to the holiness of God. Sometimes when I watch children as they defy a request from a parent, teacher, or an adult in "authority" I take a moment to observe their body language. So often they cross their arms and get a stance that says, "Don't mess with me" (I'm not saying they have to bow in authority- just trying to make it "real"). How many times do I take that same position with God when I am not obeying what I KNOW He has led me to do, when I outright defy what He has asked of me? When, what I really should be doing, is falling face down!

No comments: