Saturday, November 5, 2011

Days of Gratitude and Wonder

All over Facebook people are putting what they are thankful for in a 30 days of gratitude thing. But why should it be limited to 30 days- shouldn't we be thinking on what we are thankful for 365 days out of the year (or 366 on those crazy leap years)? Why just in November? Why not January? Why not have 31 days of thankfulness for a new year? Eh, maybe I'm just cynical right now. Don't get me wrong- I am thankful for more than I can ever express and I'm pondering how to tie this in to my life and my blog- but I know that for ME, I need to focus on more than 30 days. And then after the season of thankfulness what happens- we get all crazy as we enter the season of Christmas- but for me- this year- I want it to be a season of WONDER.

I have sort of lost my passion, my sense of wonder for the gift that was given to me. I have heard my dad say it before but Jesus is not the reason for the season- we are the reason because we are the reason that He came to be born and fulfill the prophecies for the Messiah. So, my goal this season is live my days of gratitude and wonder and not to let the busyness of life and cynicism that can creep in take over. And more importantly for that attitude of gratitude and wonder to go beyond 30 days, to go beyond November and even December.

This song by Hillsong has been one that has just stuck in my mind over and over.

No comments: