Yep, I turn 37 today so I decided I am making a list of 38 things that I want to do BEFORE I turn 38- a year away.
1. Run a 5k- just for the fun of it. I am planning on The Color Run in Nashville in October but would like to plan on a couple more. I need the discipline and motivation to train for something.
2. Travel to a state I have never been to- there are several including some in the northeast. I would love to travel that way sometime. or even to D.C.
3. Purchase a bicycle and begin riding for fun and for exercise.
4. Post on my card blog a minimum of 3 times a week
5. Make 100 cards to donate to an organization such as Operation Write Home, Ronald McDonald House, or some other cause.
6. See Chipper Jones play at least one last game in his retirement season (was planning on this on Sunday, May 27, but he went on the D.L. :( )
7.Log 150 miles of "running"/walking- outside or on the treadmill.
8. Try one new pinterest recipe a week.
9. Complete one pinterest DIY/craft/inspiration project per month.
10. do something that is out of the ordinary with my hair :)
11. Take a month and take one picture every day (could be nature, creativity, people, sights, etc)- I think I'll do June 3, 2012-July 3, 2012.
12. Lose weight and get to a healthy weight in a healthy way.
13. Visit a Civil War site here in the south. I have been to Gettysburg (and would love to go back). I am heading to Murfreesboro for a training in July and there is one there...
14. Read at least one book a week (not a feat for the summer but when school starts...)
15. Organize my craft stuff in a way that makes sense and gets used more often :)
16. Donate platelets every few months or so.
17. Get my fitness blog back up and running- with what I am not sure yet.
18. Put the birthdays of family and friends in my calendar and work on getting cards out ON TIME!
19. Become more consistent in my gym attendance...
20. Learn how to sew
21. Post on my "faith" blog (this one) a minimum of 2 times a month.
22. Go to a spin class at the YMCA (or with my friend Rae Ann at the gym where she works- I have 20 classes to use) :)
23. Tell my family I love them as often as possible!
24. Get ahead on my lesson plans (this is two pronged- working on them this summer and getting ahead once school starts)
25. Spend more time out with my friends (in my friend Cindy's words- to not be a hermit)
26. Ride a zipline (there are lots of the zipline tours in this area...)
27. Get rid of one bag of "clutter" a week either by taking it to the thrift store or the garbage.
28. Spend some time with some of the cutest babies I know (friends who are having babies and friends who have adopted babies)
29. Spend as much time with my nephew as possible. He'll be in Kindergarten this year :( and turning 6 in October- time goes way too fast.
30. Spend some time prepping for the areas at school (taking pictures of area places for word walls, block area, etc)
31. Wean myself off sodas for water/crystal light (this will be a hard one for me- I have done it before for 2-3 months so I know it can be done- I just need to make it longer!)
32. Go to a UT football game- I know, it makes no sense- I'm a Buckeye fan (and would love to go to one of those games) but think this might be a little easier. Now, the tricky part of this is that my days for this are limited. But, I have lived in Knoxville all but 2 years since 1993 and haven't ever been to a game- I think it's time- so if anyone can hook me up with a couple of tickets...
33. Be more bold about my faith- speaking out and sharing with others.
34. Meet at least 2 new people per month.
35. Eat at one new restaurant a month- trying to hit local businesses so if you have any suggstions let me know.
36. This is for the crafter in me- participate in one new challenge a month (paper crafting)- one that I have never participated in and one that will stretch me.
37. Set one new fitness/healthy living goal per month. June's will be drink more water!
38. Deepen my relationship with Christ. Gain more contentment in my life with Him and TRUSTing that He is in charge of it all and I don't have to understand it.