Friday, June 6, 2008

WOW

Well, I did what I said I was going to do and God got a hold of me BIG TIME!!!  Here was my devo for this morning (My Utmost for His Highest- June 6)- If you are reading this after June 6- go to that date on the calendar.  I think the part that hit me the most were the first two sentences:

"Your will agrees with God, but in your flesh there is a nature that renders you powerless to do what you know you ought to do.  When the Lord initially comes in contact with our conscience, the first thing our conscience does is awaken our will, and our will always agrees with God."


I just posted that yesterday- I know what I ought to do but my fleshly desires and priorities have rendered me powerless in a way.  Hmmm... food for thought anyway.  Then, I went to Proverbs 6 (read a proverb a day and today is the 6th.  Vs. 20-22 really struck me. "My son, keep your father's commandment, and forsake not your mother's teaching.  Bind them on your heart always, tie them around your neck.  When you walk, they will lead you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; and when you awake, they will talk with you".  I guess the reason why they jumped out at me was this: I have been taught from early age who God is and have read the Word from a young age so I KNOW the Word (I could know it better though) and I have been letting what I already knew lead me- I haven't been taking the time to learn more so that it can be applied to my life today.  Does this make sense to anyone?

So, my next reading took me to Psalms- also something I try to read daily- well, it's been so long since I read Psalms that I decided to start with chapter 1.  Well, God knocked me over the head with this one- vs. 1-3 "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season and it leaf does not wither.  In all that he does, he prospers."

WOW!!!!  This is exactly what I was trying to post yesterday.  Because my delight has not been in the Lord or in the law of the Lord I have been dry- I have been withering.  I know that to be fruitful, to bloom, to thrive, I HAVE to take delight in the law of the LORD! 

Thank you God!

No comments: